By Mick Hassell
Litigation and trials can be overwhelming if you lose sight of the big picture.
Keep it simple and bear in mind that any case has 3 steps:
- Gathering information;
- Processing information; and
- Presenting information.
Furthermore, any case has 6 fundamental parts:
- Story (theory of the case)
- People (witnesses)
- Documents and Things (exhibits)
- Law of Evidence (what can and can’t be used)
- Procedure (how to get your day in Court and what happens at trial)
- Substantive Law (the legal test you must you meet)
If you’d like a trial lawyer to break your civil or commercial litigation case down along these lines and guide you through it, please contact Mick Hassell.