The Self-Rep Navigators is an informal association of lawyers and paralegals, dedicated to offering “limited scope” or discrete task legal services in an effort to improve access to justice. We understand that traditional full service models may not be suitable for all clients. We understand the client’s need for high quality legal services at affordable rates.
We are proud of the fact that we are an informal association. We support each other in limited scope practice because we believe it is essential to access to justice. We each do our part by contributing our time and effort to the association’s cause.
We are welcoming new members! If you are currently a practising lawyer or paralegal who offer limited scope retainer services in Ontario, we’d love to have you on board!
How to Apply
All potential members can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Membership Committee will vet all incoming members by checking with the Law Society of Upper Canada. We will also send a group email to make sure there are no issues arising from accepting the potential member.
- Attend quarterly meetings: many of our meetings qualify for LSUC CPD hours
- Participate in the association’s activities related to advocacy
- Participate on our committees
- Chair quarterly meetings
- Have their individual webpage bios listed on our website
- No membership fees.
- The member must describe clearly how they deliver limited scope service, both on their own website (if available), as well as on their bio page on the Navigators website.
- State explicitly on their website that they are a member of the Navigators, and include a link to Navigator’s website on their website.
Not a practising lawyer or paralegal? Want to support us in promoting limited scope services? Then, become our Friend!
As a Friend, you are showing your support to limited scope services. We’ll include your name and a brief description of your title/business, with a hyperlink to your website (if available), as a token of gratitude to your support.
Let’s support one another in improving access to justice through affordable delivery of legal services!